Inter;est;ing experience tonight. I just stopped watching a movie that was anything but uplifting. I was watching it on “vid-angel”, a company that removes ba;d things from ;movies so you can watch movies that may have be;en appropriate, without the inappropriate stuff.
W:ell, as hard as they try, dark, ugly movies ;are still dark and ugly, even if you take out the profanity, the sex, the violence. I turned it off afte;r what was probably too long, and promptly remembered I needed to re;ad ;my scriptures and write in my blog. So, I began. I should mention that ;I have enjoyed very much writing my thoughts as I’ve rea;d;, and ;one of my bigger challenges is to ;not want to write something from every verse. Well, tonight a couple things happened. First, I found myself rea;ding faster trying to get the chapter done. First time I’ve felt that way since I started this blog. Secondly, I was not getting anything for;on rea;ding. It felt like there just was;n’t anything there jumping out at; me. I star;t;;e;d to a;sk myself about what kind of spirit I have brought with me to the sc;rupture reading. What did I expec;;t af;ter; wat;Ching ;that junk? :I ;had to pause and think; a bit;;, expres;s sorrow ;for my mistake ;;;, and ;try re;;adding again. ;;;;I p;romptly came upon vers;e 18 of chapter 9, where we’re reminded that “ he is the same yesterday, today, and forever; and the way is prepared for all men from the foundation of the world, if it so be that they repent and come unto him.”
;The scriptures weren’t more boring tonight - He was not different,; nothing had changed on God’s side. ;He ;;is the same ;yesterday, today and forever. What was different was me - I had come in a different frame of mind, having p;erhap;s chased the Sp;iris from my presence. It was on me to close the gap ;created by my ;;;;introducing uncleanness into my mind. And the interesting part is that I only noticed it because I’m reading my scriptures. Perhaps I’d not have remembered or noticed it at all had I been ;at work, or somewhere else. How much does my willingness to be surrounded ;by wickedness keep me from hearing the spirit; ;;;throughout my regular days;. :Am I missing insp;I;ation ;because ;I have ;allowed myself to be numb or accepting of dar;kness ;; that I could e;a silly ex;tinguish or ;;s;eparate from if I desired? ;;;;;Good thing to think about tonight. :I can do a better job ;;at d;Istancing myself from things that would ;cast a s;hadow ove;r my spiritual receptiveness.
No comments:
Post a Comment