Kat has often expressed that her work as a mom and wife can feel repetitive, lacking meaningful impact, can seem insignificant, and unfortunately can sometimes just feel like the outcomes are not there given the amount of investment that is being made. But in considering the promise of the Lord in verse 14, we can't expect to see immediate changes / results. But we DO need to give our kids, as we're teaching and preparing them, the opportunities to make decisions so they have the blessing of looking back and being able to see - in retrospect.
Wednesday, July 22, 2020
July 22, 2020
1 Ne: 17. I really enjoy the ideas in verse 14. It is a message about hindsight, retrospect. "After you have arrived you shall know that I did deliver you". This is tied to faith of course but is also a bit of a different idea that I like to consider. You will see when you look back that the Lord has blessed you, though you might not see when you look at your immediate present, or your future, but he's saying that you will see when you have the chance to look back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October 3, 2020 General Conference
Something so comforting about starting conference with President Nelson opening up the conference. There's a confirming spirit when the...
-
1 Ne: 17. I really enjoy the ideas in verse 14. It is a message about hindsight, retrospect. "After you have arrived you shall know ...
-
Reading in 1 Nephi 16 and of course thought a bit about all the things I think about in this chapter. "Guilty despise truth", how...
-
Reading chapter 15 tonight and I'm pretty tired, and as such my brain is not gathering up a lot of the wheat from this particular chapte...
No comments:
Post a Comment