Something so comforting about starting conference with President Nelson opening up the conference. There's a confirming spirit when the prophet speaks.
Elder Bednar
"Decades of admonitions to prepare". Ominous tone to this message. I wonder if we are thoughtful enough about our own preparation. As we sit here and watch conference as a family, I am missing sweet Tay who was always here with her notepad or computer, thoughtfully prepared to learn from the general authorities.
Yesterday Genesis and I were talking about following passions in life, and if it really is important to find and chase your passion. I was thinking about this experience of watching a daughter leave our home, and the heartache of not having this young inspiring woman, daughter, and friend in our home. Over the last couple months I have felt the weight of her absence, but also experienced one of the most rich and fulfilling feelings I've ever had to watch as a daughter leaves our home prepared. Prepared to stand on her own two feet, prepared to have her testimony and convictions tested, prepared to face difficult challenges and not wither, prepared to accept the weight of adulthood and make her own choices, prepared with a knowledge of how to be guided by the Holy Ghost. I have felt an overwhelming gratitude that Kat and I have been taught by parents, friends, and the Spirit how to prepare a child to stand on her own, girded about with the armor of God. The thought is so powerful to me. I am also grateful that this extraordinary young woman has chosen to use her agency to choose to follow the Lord, vs. reject his teachings in lieu of allowing the current of the world to take her away with the normal, 'go with the flow' inertia that drags so many away from the solid footing of the shore.
review elder Bednar quoting Elder Holland. Widening gap between the way of the world and the way of the Lord.
Sister Craig:
What a powerful message. I am thinking of this young lady that approached and hugged the alone and hurting woman on the otherwise empty pew. That act represents an understanding that this young woman had of who she was, and how she has something to offer, something to give, an opportunity to share part of herself and through her, the Savior's love.
No comments:
Post a Comment