I started reading the Book of Mormon from the beginning, and it never ceases to amaze me the immediate power I feel as I return to its pages.
I have some self doubt regarding my commitment to this line of study, but I will hope and pray for strength and inspiration to stay the course, exercising patience with myself knowing the less-than-disciplined approach I take to life - I don't know for sure how bad or good that is, but I know that some of what makes me who I am - even the best version of me - is my ability, even desire, to operate in such a way as to allow for chance to come into and even materially impact my life. However, in some areas I recognize that discipline will be the cornerstone of my development, and this is certainly one of those areas. As such I will endeavor for some level of consistency.
As I write this I am sitting at the desk of my beloved grandfather Bateman. This desk is one of the few relics I have of his life, but it is one of great value to me. Perhaps it will be a constant reminder and inspiration to call upon the strength of the great women and men whose lives are the bricks of the sturdy and lofty edifice atop which I and my family members are blessed to stand, and from which the view - if we choose to look - is a clear and unencumbered path to faith, hope, joy, and peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment